Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Felt Buds

During my ongoing West WIng Marathon (just finished Series 4) I am trying to do a few little bits and pieces and these decorations appealed to me after I saw them in Houston.
I used one pack of our felt balls - this one is the 1.5cm Cirque collection and one set of 30" craft wire, a Felts Needle (which makes the holes in the balls very easily) and a pair of needle nose pliers.
 Using the pliers - twist the end for a end spiral (to stop the balls falling off)
Push the needle through the felt ball closely followed by a ball. Repeat for 4 or 5 balls and the separate them evenly along the wire but leaving about 6" at the end.
Using the pliers - bend the wire under each ball decoratively - twist or spiral or petal shapes - anything to stop the ball falling down the wire.
 Repeat until each ball has a 'stopper'

Then repeat for all the wires and you are done.

3 comments:

Pamela Price Klebaum said...

Wow. This is quite inventive, and quite wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Ancestral Plot said...

Oooh, I love felt balls, the are so wonderfully warm and tactile and well, felty! Love your work Lisa :)

essay writing help said...

Amazing post! I like it.