Saturday, May 18, 2013

Playful Pods Stencils

It's always very exciting when a new set of stencils is released.
The latest set from the very popular Artistcellar arrived this week and I just couldn't resist having a play.

First I used a few Shiva Paintsticks both as a rubbing and also with a stencil brush with the  stencil
Then I used the fabulous Opulence Embellishment inks
A few more strokes with the paintsticks and paints and then left to dry in the sun.

It only took a few minutes on this beautiful sunny autumn day. Don't the Opulence Inks just glisten?

Then a final wash with some Sun Dyes. Can you see how the oil based paintsticks act a resist and just burst through the water based Sun Dye paints.



The whole process took less than half an hour and now I have a perfect piece of fabric ready for the next project.
Of course you can get all the Stencils and Paints on my website.
Don't forget I have a special offer of a metre of pfd cotton with each order of 5 of any of the paints for this month only. I'll add it to any order.



2 comments:

Lisa said...

Love this Lisa! I'm going to repost it on our facebook page and hopefully send some people your way :-)

gonerustic said...

Love this, Lisa - especially the idea of using sun dyes on top of the rubbings, etc. Stunning! =D